A beautiful presentation set composed of the Dalvey Pocket Compass and matching Albert chain in a piano-lacquered wooden presentation box.
The Dalvey Pocket Compass is beautifully compact, combining our expertise in compasses with that in pocket watches, and crafted to an exceptional standard. The compass itself is liquid-dampened and quick-setting, featuring a luxury-watch-standard dial and jewel bearing for the needle mounting. The bespoke Dalvey case has a more elliptical profile to that of a conventional pocket watch, for greater tactility and aesthetic appeal, and is crafted from high-grade, mirror-polished, precision-engineered stainless steel. The distinctive push-button pumpkin pommel has been precision-machined, as has the deep-engraved solid stainless bezel.
This compass features an exceptionally fine-detailed dial combining a cool, classic white ground with intricate texturing and mirror-polished detailing in the compass rose and increments. The traditional red-tipped needle is echoed in subtle details at the cardinal points.
The Pocket Compass comes with a hand-polished stainless steel curb chain, with a matching Albert and piano-lacquered, hinged wooden box.
The perfect symbolic keepsake, the Pocket Compass carries connotations of adventure, guidance, sagacity, and constancy. Designed to be personalised with engraving, it makes an ideal gift to mark occasions of significance and major junctures in the life of recipients, such as graduations, weddings, anniversaries, or birthdays, and will be as well-received on the celebration of a christening as at that of a retirement.
· High-grade stainless steel case
· Precision-machined, solid, deep-engraved stainless bezel
· Push-button machined pumpkin pommel
· Liquid-dampened quick-settling capsule
· Jewel bearing
· Finely detailed luxury watch dial
· Hand-polished stainless steel curb chain with solid stainless T-bar and clip
· Designed to be personalised with engraving on both the mirror-polished interior and rear
· Perfect gift to mark graduations, weddings, anniversaries, and other occasions of major significance
Case Diameter: 51mm x 15mm
Chain Length: 220mm
Not suitable for use in Australia or New Zealand: this compass is balanced for use in the northern hemisphere. If you require a southern hemisphere-balanced compass please visit our Australian store.